The J-D Store is a little store where to find interesting devices with alternative OS: legacy Nokia N9, Sony Xperia with Sailfish OS, Pixel phones with Graphene OS and other items.
Jolla-Devices STORE is hosted in the sub-domain https://buy.jolla-devices.com
The Store was launched to (1) fill the gap left by Jolla on the hardware, (2) in the hope of an incorporation by Jolla itself, as an internal B2C area, finally (3) as a Lean startup experiment to verify the feasibility of a shop only of Sailfish and Meego devices.
The first ‘experiment phase’ (2018-2019) ended showing that there was no feasibility for launching a local physical store dedicated only to Sailfish OS devices. Furthermore, there weren’t the volumes to launch a shop focused on Sailfish OS devices. Lastly, there wasn’t interest or official endorsement by Jolla.
Thus, the e-commerce goes ahead as an amateur initiative and it’s managed by a private individual.
J-D Store aims at an excellent, professional-like shopping experience: the courier will be UPS/DHL and the entire transaction from purchase to delivery usually take place in 5-9 working days.
The User, by purchasing a device at the Store, is also actively supporting the creation of content (reviews, videos, news, articles) on Jolla-Devices blog channels.
The Store also helps Jolla-Devices to sell some of the tested devices and helps making tech budget for new review.
Xperia smartphones for sale are to be considered used – even if in as new condition – due to the flashing operation which theoretically invalidates the guarantee.
The full general terms and conditions of sale are as follows:
Art. 1 – General Provisions
1. The user navigating in this area accesses Jolla-STORE Devices, accessible through the url: https://buy.jolla-devices.com. The navigation and the transmission of a purchase order on the site constitutes acceptance of the Conditions and the Data Protection Policy adopted by the site itself therein.
2. The General Conditions of Sale apply to the sale of products with exclusive reference to purchases made on the site in accordance with the provisions of Part III, Title III, Chapter I of the Consumer Code (Legislative Decree. N. 206/05 amended by Legislative Decree. n. 21/14 and Legislative Decree no. 70/03) by
Date of birth: 28/03/1983
Location: Bergamo, Italy
3. The object of the service is provided based on the user license agreement details of which are:
- Sailfish X Free for supported devices
the privileges of the consumer and the recipient of the service are:
- Normal use of the device. It is forbidden to extract, copy and resale for profit Sailfish OS, or parts of the same software by Jolla.
3bis. The user is paying for the hardware only. There isn’t a fee due to Sailfish OS: if you ask to leave a device with the stock Android the price is the same.
The same apply to the Pixel phones with Graphene OS: leaving the Pixel to Stock Android, the price is the same.
4. The user is required – before to pay the products provided by the website – to read these Terms and Conditions of Sale which means generally and unequivocally accepted at the time of purchase.
5. The user is invited to download and print a copy of the order form and these Terms of Sale; consider that the Terms of Sale page will be periodically updated.
5bis. If the content of the Term of Sale page is updated, the changes will only be valid for subsequent purchases: previous orders are not involved, there is no retroactivity.
6. The site is provided in this following languages: English. An auto-translation function may appear, but please note that the site is updated in English. If in doubt about the traditions, select the English language.
Art. 2 – Object
1. The General Conditions of Sale govern the offer, transmission and acceptance of purchase orders for products on Jolla-STORE Devices and do not cover, however, the supply of services or the sale of products by persons other than the seller to be present on the same site through links, banners or other hypertext links.
Art. 3 – Conclusion of the contract
1. To conclude the purchase contract, you will need to complete the form electronically and send it following the related instructions.
2. It shall supply the reference to the General Conditions of Sale, the images of each product and its price, means of payment that you can use, the mode of delivery of the purchased products and their shipping costs and delivery, a reference the conditions for exercising the right of withdrawal; mode and return of purchased products.
3. Before signing a contract, you will be asked to confirm (check) that you have read the Terms and Conditions including the Information on the right of withdrawal and the processing of personal data.
4. The contract is concluded when the seller receives the form filled out by the user after verifying the accuracy of the information contained therein.
5. The buyer shall pay the price by the time the online order submission process will be concluded. This will be done by clicking on “Proceed to Paypal“ or “Place Order” buttons and completing the wizard on Paypal/Stripe servers.
6. Once done the contract, the seller takes charge of the order.
7. Finally JD will confirm with a non-automatic email how the order is proceeding, depending on whether the phone is immediately available (in physical stock, ready to be shipped), or whether the phone is ready to arrive at JD and in how many days (on backorder items, typically when reloading the stocks).
Occasionally there may be a refund, because the phone has gone out of stock.
Art. 4 – Registered Users
1. When completing the registration process, the user is obliged to follow the instructions on the site and provide their personal data accurately and truthfully.
2. Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email in the email he provided. The confirmation should be notified no later than 24 hours. After this period, in confirmation defect Jolla-STORE Devices will be released from any commitment to you.
3. The confirmation will exempt anyway Jolla-STORE Devices from any responsibility regarding the information you provide. The ‘User is obliged to immediately inform Jolla-STORE Devices of any change in their data whenever they are communicated.
4. If the user then communicates the data are inaccurate or incomplete, or even if there is a dispute on the part of stakeholders about the payments made, Jolla-STORE Devices will have the right not to activate or to suspend the service until the amnesty related deficiencies.
5. At the first request to activate a profile from the user Jolla-STORE Devices attach to the same user name and password. The latter recognises that such identification constitute the system for validation of user access to services and the only suitable system to identify that the acts performed through such access will be granted to him, and shall be binding on him.
6. The user is obligated to maintain the confidentiality of your data access and keep them with due care and diligence and not giving it even temporarily to a third party.
Art. 5 – Product Availability
1. The availability of the products refers to the actual availability in the moment in which the buyer makes the order. This availability must still be considered indicative only because, due to the simultaneous presence of multiple users on site, the products could be sold to other customers before confirming the order.
2. Even after getting the automatic e-mail order confirmation may occur cases of partial or total unavailability of the items. In this case, the order will be automatically adjusted with the elimination of the product is not available and the customer will be notified immediately via e-mail.
3. If the buyer requires the cancellation of the order before the shipment, solving the contract, Jolla Devices will refund the amount paid within 5 days from the moment Jolla-STORE Devices has knowledge of the decision of the buyer to terminate the contract.
If the order was sent, see “Right of Withdrawal” below.
Art. 6 – Products offered
1. Jolla-Devices STORE, markets:
- “Used” as new Sony Xperia phones with Sailfish OS
- Used legacy Jolla hardware
- Google Pixel phones
- Volla Phone
- Related accessories
- Other devices
2. The offer of products is published on:
Art. 7 – Payment and prices
1. The price of products will be specified from time to time on the site, except where there is an obvious error.
2. In case of an obvious price error Jolla-Devices STORE will alert as soon as possible the buyer, and the order will be deleted, the payment returned.
3. The site prices include VAT. Prices are subject to change at any time. The changes will not affect orders for which has already been sent confirmation.
In case of a reduction of prices, or sale the order already placed in the previous week will be discounted following the new reduced price.
4. After selecting the products you want, they will be added to your cart. Simply follow the instructions to purchase, by inserting or by checking the required information in each step of the process. The details of the order may be modified before payment.
5. Payment can be made by:
- Paypal, preferred
- Stripe (Credit Cards)
- Coinbase (Payment in cryptocurrencies via Coinbase Gateway)
Art. 8 – Delivery
1. Jolla-Devices STORE will ship all over the Italian territory with the exception of the state of Vatican City and the Republic of San Marino. It will not deliver also in the following territories: Livigno, Campione d’Italia.
Jolla-Devices ships in Europe, USA and Canada with the exception of Russia, and except of all countries that are blocking imports of technology, or where there is an embargo is in place. Other countries may be added on request.
Volla Phone: the item Volla phone and Volla Phone X are shipped only within the EU territory.
2. Jolla-Devices STORE make his deliveries both at the address provided by the user, both at the DHL collection points indicated at the time of purchase, exceptions done for PO BOXES that are not compatible with the Courier.
3. Delivery is made to the Italian territory, usually within 3-5 business days, or, if it is not specified no date of delivery, within the period estimated at the time of the selection of the mode of delivery and, in any case, within a maximum period of ten (10) days from the date of confirmation.
4. As regards the countries of European Union + Canada, USA, UK, Bulgaria, Denmark, Finland, the delivery should be made in 4-6 working days, and in any case within a maximum period of twenty (20) days.
5. In the territories outside the EU and the above (4) should be delivered in approximately 4-9 business days, and in any case within a maximum period of thirty (30) days.
6. If you’re not able to be present at the place of delivery at the agreed time, we ask you to contact the courier (DHL or UPS usually) to agree a new delivery date. Also ask Jolla-Device.
7. The shipping costs are borne by the buyer and are shown explicitly at the time of order.
Art. 9 – Transfer of Risk
1. The Risks related to the use of the products (and the wrong use of it) pass to the buyer at the time of delivery.
Art. 10 – Warranty and trade compliance
1.The STORE Jolla-Devices offers a one-year warranty on all phones.
The Volla phones instead have a 2-year warranty, because they are new-unopened products, drop-shipped directly from Germany.
1 bis. Jolla-Devices STORE sells devices that have been converted to the Sailfish OS. Unless otherwise stated (ie a Nokia N9), the devices for sale, have been tested before and after processing in the Sailfish OS and are free from main defects.
For this reason (the opening of the box and the flashing with Sailfish OS), the phones are sold as refurbished by Jolla-Devices. This means one year of warranty.
1 tris. Some of the Sony Xperia phones may retain its original Sony warranty, when purchased new by J-D. In any case, Sony repair service is capable to repair the device, maybe for free.
2. The seller is responsible for the defects in the first 14 days, in accordance with the provisions of Italian/EU law.
3. In the event of non-compliance detected in the first 14 days, the purchaser will be entitled to return and get a full refund of the purchase. Also the customer can change idea, and return in the first 14 days.
5. Consider that the installation of Sailfish OS – although official and agreed between Sony and Jolla – involves the presence of some bugs in the Xperia related to Sailfish OS itself: (eg minor issues on bluetooth connectivity, missing fingerprint support at beginning, dual sim not perfectly working) keep an eye on the page of the Jolla Together page, where are reported bugs, you find it at: https://together.jolla.com/questions/.
Art. 11 – Right of withdrawal
1. In accordance with the legal provisions in force, the buyer is entitled to cancel the purchase without penalty and without giving any reason, within 14 days in accordance with art. 57 of Legislative Decree 206/2005 from the date of receipt of the products.
2. In case of multiple purchases made by the buyer with one order and delivered separately, the period of 14 days shall run from the date of receipt of the latest product.
3. Users who want to exercise the right to purchase withdrawal can send an email, stating the order number and user name, to: email@example.com
4. The costs of return, due to reasons of withdrawal are borne by the buyer, who will choose a shipping method to track the return shipment to Italy.
In some cases Jolla-Devices may have better rates for fast return shipments, and you will agree with the buyer to create a label by the courier upon payment of postage.
5. The goods must be returned to the original address on the package, if in doubt, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. The goods must be returned intact in its original packaging, complete in all its parts and complete the attached tax records. Once you have verified the respect of the above, the site will refund the amount of the products covered by the withdrawal within a maximum period of 8 days after receiving the goods.
7. Do not apply the right of withdrawal in the case of the services and products Jolla-STORE Devices are included in the categories art. 59 of Legislative Decree 206/2005, in practice: software products such digital documents (guides, tutorials, ebooks) created by Jolla-Devices.
8. The site will run the refund using the same payment method chosen by the buyer during the purchase.
Art. 12 – Data processing
2. The Order Data are composed by: Order number, Name, Surname, full address, email and telephone.All of these are necessary for a successful expedition.
3. Order Data expiration. In the case of purchase of any of the products (except the Volla phones), the data relating to the order are kept for 12 months in the online Database of buy.jolla-devices.com website, and at the end of this period the data are anonymized, remaining listed as anonymous orders unrelated with any address.
3 bis. In the case of purchasing a Volla phone, the data necessary for the shipment of the order will be passed securely (via HTTPS) to Hallo Welt Systeme UG (haftungsbeschränkt) – Kölner Straße 102 – 42897 Remscheid (Germany). See the full Volla Imprint here. Finally, the data will remain securely stored at Hallo Welt Systeme UG for 24 months +1 month from purchase, which is strictly necessary to cover the warranty period.
At the end of this period the data will be deleted without notice and without communication, and must be considered as lost.
Art. 13 – Contacts
1. Requests for official information related to the STORE purchases must be sent by mail to email@example.com.
The profile Twitter @jolladevices and other social accounts are for feedback and informal communications only, not related to the purchase process.
Art. 15 – Governing Law and Jurisdiction
1. These Conditions of Sale are governed by Italian law and interpreted according to it, subject to any contrary overriding mandatory rule of the country of habitual residence of the buyer. Therefore the interpretation, execution and resolution of the General Conditions of Sale are exclusively subject to Italian law.
2. Any disputes concerning and / or consequential to the same shall be resolved exclusively Italian judicial authority. In particular, if the buyer qualifies as a consumer, any dispute shall be resolved by the home court of the place or residence of the same under applicable law.
These conditions have been updated on 04/12/2021.